<$Lazy, Man, Music, Politics, Stuff, Interests, Google, Yahoo, Fun, Entertainment, Tv$>

We Care a Whole Lot

A Lazy Man's Blog

Name:

Not much to know. Just another kid looking for another form of expression. A lot of things make me happy, more things piss me off. It will not take long for anyone to figure out where I stand on stuff, but I don't spit out opinions because I like to hear myself make arguments, I will always have a motive. Peace.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

BCS Bowls Announced

DISCLAIMER: I'M AN OHIO STATE FAN

Now that that nasty business is out of the way, lets get to BCS bowl discussion. Ohio State was the obvious number one, nobody can deny that. They are the first team in college football history to beat two #2 teams in one year. However, I still think that both Wisconsin and Michigan got shafted. Of course all the talk about a playoff erupted again as it does almost every year. Here is the thing: everyone knows the BCS is pretty much bull, but the money is too good to turn down. As it currently stands, the BCS committee can hand pick the games to create the best match ups so all the games look at least kinda good on paper. If a playoff is instituted then the champoinship could be between 2 teams that have merit, but lack the sexiness of say a Florida, FSU, or another school with a huge fan base. Look at the World Series, the ratings are terrible because by the end, nobody gives a hoot. College basketball has a perfect system and I would love to see it put in place for college football, but money talks, and it sounds real convincing to the BCS committee to stay put and keep the computers.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home